Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Design!! and New Me!

So I have totally 100% decided that I'm through with always wanting to starve myself and be (super)skinny. I've been obsessed with my weight since I was 8 years old and where has that gotten me? to 165 pounds. Wtf. Something doesn't make any sense there.

I've decided that I want to focus on what my body can do, not what it looks like. Of course I will be a lot happier if I lose weight, and I pretty much need to lose weight to do a lot of the things I want to do, but I no longer want to look dainty or a size 0. And I'm sorry if I'll lose some support/followers over this, I love you all, but if you decide to no longer follow me I don't really care.

Okay so here's what I do want:
-to be able to run a half marathon (eventually)
-in general, get into my old gymnastics shape
-and after that start doing CrossFit
-I want abs
-I want to be strong
-I want my flexibility back
-I want an amazing butt
-I want to eat healthy
-I want to treat my body with respect

I'll still be trying to lose weight for awhile here, so don't freak out guys. But don't expect daily calories in or out or anything like that. Hopefully I'll still be able to motivate you with workouts and healthy meals and such.





4 comments:

  1. I love that you have come to this realization. I'm so happy for you. I feel like the choice to respect yourself is a lot better for your self esteem, your mental health and your life in general. I try not to be overly obsessed with the number I see on the scale and focus on how I feel. Stay happy and motivated lovely!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Haley!! This is so awesome. Please please keep us posted on your progess. I always wanted to be a do things with my body person :) Well, things you should also try - martial arts (no seriously, fucking awesome), surfing (cowabunga dude, most liberating thing in the world) and climbing - like cliffs/climbing walls. All of these are great workouts and you can do such cool shit with yourself. I can still fall flat on my back without hurting myself, bust some sick moves on a surfboard and scale a cliff face with some chalk and determination. Do it! :D Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't a bad thing at all. To each her own. You don't want to be size zero, so be it. You want to be healthy, and so I do. Obsessing over your weight or what you eat isn't the best thing.

    I sound like a hypocrite, and even though I am seriously greatly overweight I'm fighting to come to that realization like you.

    Stay strong. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atta girl, I'm proud of you! If you ever need motivation, you know where to find it!
    I'm also working towards that half marathon, so goodluck, and I know what you'll go through, so just keep working at it.

    In line with your pictures and such that you posted here, I thought I'd share this one: it's a new Nike ad to promote exactly what you're saying here, and the model is actually a friend of mine who is huge into soccer and such. Enjoy!
    http://www.entmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/nike.jpg

    ReplyDelete